Wednesday 5 August 2009

My Camera's Back!!


YAY! YIPPEE!! WAHOO!!!

Can you tell I'm a LITTLE bit excited about having my camera back?! Tee! Hee! Hee! Mum was in town yesterday to attend a funeral and returned my camera ... which was found in the glove box of Mum and Dad's car, where I'd stowed it for safe keeping during our recent holiday with them at the beach. So, with my camera's return, I've got a couple more holiday snaps to share - not many, as I didn't have my camera for half the holiday! DOH! Maybe I'll have to be a typical tourist next time and string it round my neck!! It's funny, we didn't even HAVE a camera of our very own until about three years ago and it wasn't until I started blogging that I really started to get into the habit of taking photos - now my friends and family say I never stop! {A legacy of blogging! :0)} But, boy or boy did I miss my camera for the month it's been AWOL!! However ... here's some piccies ...


This isn't a fabulous photo, but it was taken by blindly pointing the camera over my shoulder in the car. I was trying to catch the dogs all snuggled up together sleeping while we were driving to the coast, but the first flash woke them up without getting a good shot, so this was as close as I could get! They're like kids - when someone's watching, the niggle and pretend not to like each other, but as soon as they're by themselves, they're the best of buddies and snuggle up for naps!


How many men does it take to work out how to use a new camera? Tee! Hee! Hee! Scott and Dad actually read the manual for the digital SLR to try to work out the settings etc. while we were on holidays.


And here is my Beloved Geek Boy, having worked out which button to press to make pretty pictures happen! You know, the classic ... he's taking a photo of me taking a photo of him taking a photo of me taking a ...!!!

The last photo is of some new additions to our household, totally unexpected and surprising ...


NOT!! Tee! Hee! Hee! More fabric!! Yes ... once again I've been to visit Marion and Steph at my home-away-from-home, Quilters Angel. This time, I stocked up on some yummy Christmas fabrics from the "Figgy Pudding" range by Basic Grey. I love that they're not all traditional Christmas colours and patterns - so much fun to come up with ways to use them! Some of these I already have some ideas for, but can't tell you about them yet, and others ... weeeeeeeeellllll ... they were just so darn cute! :0) I think my favourite two fabrics here are the ice blue tone-on-tone fabric and the dark brown background with the ice blue designs - very unlike my usual style, but they grabbed my attention. And while part of me is saying, "NOOOOOOOOOOO! Christmas is AGES away yet!!" the other part of me is already starting to contemplate the necessity of starting soon to prepare for the festive season, so I'll enjoy having a play with these very soon. AFTER I finish the instructions for "Fairy Bears & Butterflies" of course! Tee! Hee! Hee!

But right now, I'm off to make myself a cup of tea and fondle my Christmas fabrics for a while! :0) Hope you're having a great week so far! Til next time - Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

9 comments:

Bec said...

Love your Figgy Pudding choices, sometimes it can be hard to narrow down what you want from a range. Gorgeous colours!
Glad to hear your camera is back!
Enjoy your cup of tea - that's where I am heading too! Bec xxx

Unknown said...

Wonderful Christmas fabrics, really my stye, love them!
Glad to hear that you found your camera!

Carin said...

WOO HOO got your camera back!

LOVE The Christmas fabric it is SO yummy! I can't wait to see how you use it.

Joy said...

I love the Figgy Puddings too .... my local has them too and I've been so close to buying some, maybe I should just do it ;o)!?! They also have "Glace" which are also delish ... hmmm - decisions, decisions LOL.
So glad you have your camera back ... and the puppies are looking so cute :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Kris,
Sooo glad your camera has turned up.
Now we can see your pictures and your new fabrics. Can't wait to see what you make with them.
Hugs,
Anna

Sew Useful Designs said...

Oh wow Kris, a month without a camera is almost as bad as a month without internet!!! Like you, I wouldn't have thought so before blogging!!!

So glad you have found your camera sweetie, and that you had a great holiday! Your dogs are gorgeous, too!

Have a great week sweetie...enjoy the pattern writing! :-)

Oh - nearly forgot - those fabrics - WOW!!! Oh yeah, very funky! Can't wait to see what you come up with! :-)

Hugs! Vikki x

Bearly Sane said...

Love those fabrics...must pop over there as I need a really nice Chrissy print to make a teddy an apron...thanks for the link!
Hugs,
Sandi My Blog

Unknown said...

That is the nicest Chrissy fabric I've seen , it really is time to get a move on with Christmas making , where has the year gone ?

Sheryl said...

Love those Chrissie fabrics look forward to seeing what you do with them... the doggies in the back seat are very cute, did they enjoy their holiday.... glad you got your camera back

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...