Tuesday 23 November 2010

Thank Goodness For Vegemite!!

Just a quick post to let you know I'm still alive ... mostly! Tiffy's party went well on the weekend and I've got LOTS of photos of that to share with you, but they'll have to wait til I'm back on deck. You see ... a head cold ambushed me late last week ... it often happens when I'm really busy and don't look after myself as well as my Mother says I should!! :0) That wouldn't have been TOO bad, but when it conspired with a change in the weather to tip my asthma over the edge, things went a little south. There was a quick trip to the emergency room at the Mundubbera Hospital ... the only way to access a Dr on a weekend in my small home town ... where the lovely locum Dr gave me a script for the medication that would get my asthma back under control. The catch was ... we had to wait until we got back to Toowoomba to fill it as the chemist doesn't open on a Sunday. So, two days of medication kicking in, two days off work (most of it spent in bed) and I'm starting to feel like I'll live ... just as soon as my head decides to stop revolving every time I get up! :0)

It was a bit funny to read Toni's post this morning, where she featured the very Aussie product of Vegemite as her Tuesday Treasure, cos what have I been subsisting on for the last couple of days ...

Vegemite toast and orange juice! :0) It's just one of those 'comfort' foods when I'm feeling icky. Don't know how you poor overseas gals cope without Vegemite when you feel icky ... what is YOUR comfort food equivalent for Vegemite toast when you're unwell???

So ... I'm off to take the next round of cold tablets and wash them down with some of that orange juice, but I promise I'll be back in the next few days when I'm fully back on deck to share some photos of Tiffy's party. Til next time ...

(sniffle, snuffle, cough, splutter!!)

BEAR HUGS!
CHEERS!
KRIS

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snap! Yay for vegemite!!! Hope you get to feeling better soon Kris, isn't this weather awful for asthma, I've had to up my meds/inhalers this season *grrr* My other comfort food is Heinz tomato soup, or it was, until they changed the recipe :o(
take care, toni xxx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Poor Kris.....glad to read you are on the mend....and the good old vegie on toast, it is a real pick me up....take care Peg xxxx

Mistea said...

Vegemite toast - just right for a pick me up.
Although when I have a cold I do like canned tomato soup too.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Poor you - hope you are feeling better now.
Vegemite looks something like Bovril (?) which is a family favourite. But I can't get it here anymore as there
is now something in it that Norwegians aren't allowed to ingest!
Yes, I'm planning a trip to England soon!

Amanda said...

What a shame that you've been feeling so poorly, but good to hear that you're on the mend. We have both Marmite and Vegemite here in the UK and in our house we have to have both, as DH is a Marmite boy and I prefer Vegemite, but either is good when we're feeling under the weather.

Crowing Moon said...

Yep.. Vegemite on toast is our great Aussie cure-all. Our equivallent to chicken soup :p
Hope you feel better soon
hugs

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Kris,
Oh no, what a way to end a great weekend. I'm glad to hear you're slowly on the mend.
Some good sewing therapy will help~ I'm sure.
Take it easy,
Hugs,
Anna

Unknown said...

Poor thing , get better soon !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...