Friday 15 April 2011

Fabulous Fabric Friday!!

Here I am ... I know I've been a bit absent this week, but I didn't get lost ... it's just been a bit of a muddled week and I've spent quite a bit of it like this ...

I did some damage to my foot a few years ago when I stepped into an un-marked phone line ditch in the dark and it's been a bit dodgy ever since. Then, on Monday, I was making a mad dash from the car through bucketing rain and I landed the wrong way on my poor dodgy foot and it has been objecting ever since. Lots of ice, support tape, soaking in warm water laced with Epsom salts and keeping my foot up whenever possible has been the order of the day this week. And I've been more "Hop-Along" Teddies than my usual "Tag Along"!! Tee! Hee! Hee! Hee!

However ... a dodgy foot wasn't enough to keep me from spending my usual Thursday and Friday sessions at my Home-Away-From-Home to help with the quilts for flood victims in the Lockyer Valley. The first of the quilts will be presented on May 7, so we're all beavering away to help make that happen. And it just so happened ... well ... that's what I'm telling my Beloved Geek Boy anyways!! Tee! Hee! Hee! ... that today was the first day of Marion and Steph's three-day "Just Because Sale"! Woo! Hoo! Fabric sale!! I am SOOOOOO there! Tee! Hee! Hee! I promise I DID help with the flood quilts too ... but really couldn't resist adding to my stash ... I promise I won't even mind ironing and folding them to go into my baskets! :0) Wanna see what followed me home???? Of COURSE you do! :0)


MMMMMMMMM!!! Pom Pom de Paris ... the latest offering from French General for Moda Fabrics and despite there being a lot of PINK in the range ... I have fallen in love with it! Stop sniggering, all you Pink-Girly-Girl friends!! Tee! Hee! Hee! Once again, these French General fabrics have that lovely 'olde worlde' feel to them ... like Grandma used them to make a quilt and they're now faded to a soft patina by years of use and washing ... well-loved! :0) I have a quilt design in mind to use these and can't wait to start playing with them!!! I also found ...


Some yummy Charlevoix fabrics ... DELICIOUS!! :0) Don't those cherries look good enough to eat ... or is that just me needing to go make dinner?!!? Tee! Hee! Hee! These sweeties are going to be made into a sewing machine mat and cover for my newly renovated sewing room. My new desk is timber and lovely and solid ... but I want to protect it a bit from scratching when I move my sewing machine back and forth. And since my poor Huskie has never had a proper cover (that tacky plastic one it came with doesn't count!!) I decided to do something about that. I promise to show you the results!!

Now ... if you're within driving distance of Quilters Angel, I'd HIGHLY recommend you make a visit this weekend, cos the sale extends through Saturday and Sunday ... you will NOT regret a visit! :0) Plus ... the Village Green is always a fab place to visit ... pop into Jo's "Jaybelle" shop and see all her lovely things too ... that's where GB bought my cast iron table and chairs! And if you're NOT within driving distance of Quilters Angel ... Don't despair!! You don't have to miss out!! Marion has organised a sale special for online shoppers too ... hop across to her blog to check it out ... tell her I sent you across to say 'G'day'! :0)

So ... that's my fabric splurge for today ... but WAIT ... there's MORE!! :0) When I got home, there was a little parcel waiting on my verandah for me from the lovely Lynette Anderson! OOOOOOHH!! How EXCITING!!! Lynette had told me to stalk my Postie cos she was sending a package and inside was ...


Some fat 1/8ths of her yummy new fabric range, "Scandinavian Christmas"! OOOHH!! Hobbly Happy Dance!!! :0) The little note she sent says: "Hope you can find something to make with these." Oh ... I DEFINITELY think I can! :0) THANKS LYNETTE!! Lynette's new fabrics will be in Australian quilting stores in June, so keep an eye out if you're looking for some fun fabrics to start making Christmas gifts and decorations! I'll show you what I create with them when I get to play! :0)

Well ... that's about it from me for today ... I promise I'll be back on the weekend to show you some more update photos of the sewing room make over ... it's looking a lot more like a room and less like a jumble sale now! :0) But right now ... I think it's time to go put my poor sore foot back on its pillow for a little rest ... and perhaps I'll just fondle my yummy new fabrics and dream of the projects I'll make with them! Tee! Hee! Hee! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!
CHEERS!
KRIS

15 comments:

Maria said...

OH NO Kris hope you dodgy foot is better soon.
Just LOVE all the beautiful fabrics so will pop over for a look.
Have a wonderful weekend.

By Hoki Quilts said...

Geez Kris, we're just like two peas outta the same pod - actually I thought I was looking at my foot to begin with. Get well soon and make sure to take the pain killers.
healing hugs
Miche'le

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

I'm glad that dodgy foot didn't keep you away from Marion's Sale. Plenty of time for resting it over the weekend... far more important to get a fabric bargain or two - lol.

Love Lynette's new Christmas fabrics and can't wait to see what you design.

Hope the foot improves over the weekend Kris.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Anonymous said...

Oh Kris hope your foot gets better soon and all those new fabrics you must feel like you are in a fabric shop,lol. Hey you might need some more baskets,lol.

Chookyblue...... said...

hope the foot is better really soon.........although you could get some good stitching done..........you have a GJ to work on..........lol........
nice fabrics.......

Chocolate Cat said...

OUCH!Hope your dodgy foot is feeling better with all the TLC. Love all your new fabrics!!!

Mistea said...

Fabric purchases and gifts - what better way to take your mind off that dodgy foot pain.
Hope the foot is better real soon.
Seriously love those cherry fabrics and how sweet is Lynettes new range - Roll on June.
Sweet fabric dreams.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Yummy fabrics! Hope your foot gets better soon. Hugs!

ittybittyandpretty said...

love the first set of fabrics the nost but would be happy to have the second set as well...
my hubs has been dealing with a torn calf muscle so i can feel your pain and the need to rest and elevate it as much as possible. hope it feels better soon.
xx rosey

Stina Blomgren said...

Sweetie... Hope you are better by now... Poor you!!!
Please do put up your feet and continue dreaming on what to make with all those lovely new fabrics... Especially those PINK ones... Lol...
Take care!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh...poor Kris...I do hope the foot gets better soon...love the fabric...take care Kris...Peg xx

Roseanne said...

Hope you foot get better soon. While you have your foot up you can dream about what you are going to make with your fabric in you new sewing room.

Judy S. said...

New fabric is just what the doctor ordered to fix that foot, Kris. Hope that dodgy one is feeling lots better now! Hugs.

Deb Lane said...

I don't know, I let you out of my sight/online-ness for one minute and look what happens. Hope the injury didn't also involve a slide on your posterior, mine always seem to. I like those Christmas Fabrics! Is Quilters Angel open over the Easter Weekend? How unusual and convenient...:-)

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Glad you're resting your foot, but good that you took some retail medicine for continued recovery. It will help, Kris! LOL! ;-)
Hugs
Jenny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...