Saturday 20 October 2012

Some Sewing - YAY!!

Another week has flown by ... must have a word to Dr Who sometime to work out a way to get the timey wimey stuff to cooperate to give me more hours in each day!! :0) It was a busy week at work, which meant not much energy left for stitchy stuff when I got home. BUT ... the weather is back to "proper" spring temperatures ... maybe even leaning towards summer (32 degrees here today, which for Toowoomba is pretty hot ... but I'm not complaining!!) ... so this hot-weather chick is hap, hap, HAPPY! :0)

So ... when I found myself actually AT HOME for my work-free Friday, I bunged a few things in the washing machine then headed full-speed to the sewing room ... WOO! HOO! I've started sewing squares of my Rural Jardin layer cake together to make a patchwork skirt ... but that still has some work to do before it's finished. I DID, however manage to finish another birthday gift to go with the bunting I showed you a while back ...

... A pretty appliqued pillowcase to match the bunting. I had fun with this and was so happy with the applique that I have started to design a cute baby quilt based on it ... so stay tuned! :0) This will now be a pretty bedroom set for our niece ... Hope she likes it! Actually ... if you need to make a kids' gift in a hurry and want something that will be enjoyed for ages, buy a plain pillowcase and machine applique something to it to personalise it. I've made one for a number of the nieces and nephews now, often with their first name initial plus a truck/car/icecream cone etc and have orders for a couple more ... to stop fights! ... cos apparently EVERYONE wants the 'pretty' pillowcases! :0) So ... another finish to add to the list.
 
And then I completely sidetracked myself by playing with Photoshop ...
 
 
... smudgy pastel look ...
 
... textured background, I like this one ... I could play all day! :0) But I'd better scoot back into my sewing room and see if I can't get another finish added to my list by the end of the weekend. Hope you're all having a relaxing weekend doing something that you enjoy with people you like! :0)

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS
 
 

2 comments:

Maria said...

There are never enough hours in a day Kris and I don't work..
Love the matching bunting and pillowcase. I am sure your niece will love it.

Michelle Ridgway said...

If you get on to Dr Who please mention my name too. Love what you have been up to in your sewing room.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...