Saturday 17 November 2012

Busy, But A Bit Of Sewing Acheived!

Yet another week has scooted by me with lots of behind the scenes doings in the Meares' Madhouse ... can't share yet, but it has been a bit stressful and a bit exciting. :0) But ... one of the doings that helped my week speed by was a FANTASTIC play date with my bestest-buddy-since-we-were-nine Lynette. YAY! Her work has meant that we haven't had many play dates this year, but we're hoping to make up for it ... so look out world! Tee! Hee! Hee!
After I toodled down the 'hill', we jumped in Lynette's car and headed off and up a DIFFERENT 'hill' ... Mount Tambourine. Those of you who've followed my blog for a while will know that I've visited this beautiful spot a number of times ... and am yet to see it in sunshine!!! Yes ... the weather is always overcast, often raining, sometimes foggy and on one memorable occasion, a combination of all of these ... SHEESH! Well ... I was running true to form! :0) But it didn't actually rain, so we had a good day ... a REALLY good day! :0)

Now ... it was one of those 'horror', 'grown-up' fortnights where the bills were yelling to be paid, so I was on a bit of a budget, but Lynette wasn't! :0) Our first stop was one of the best little antique shops and let's just say Lynette's collection of depression glass GREW somewhat. So much that the lovely lady serving us had to go in search of a box to pack them in ... and asked whether we could fit the box in the car. Are you curious now?! :0)

Here's Lynette fitting the box in the boot ... no worries! :0) Tee! Hee! Hee! That box wasn't actually FULL, I might add ... there was a lot of bubble wrap to protect Lynette's goodies ... but it looks impressive, right? And you should have seen the look on her hubby's face when we walked in with it! Tee! Hee! Hee! 
 
We then inspected a few more shops before lunching at George's ... but I got so caught up in chatting, catching up and eating that I forgot to take any more photos ... Oops! :0) We had a lovely day and hope to catch up again before Christmas ... but I'm not thinking about how quickly we'll have to catch up again to fit it in! EEK!
 
On that note ... I managed to spend some time in my sewing room this afternoon and made some progress on the main giftie for my SSCS  and also finished my Rural Jardin patchwork skirt ... I just have to wash it, screw it all up and dray it ... I'll be back with a photo when the rain stops and I can actually get the skirt dry again. Hope you're managing to spend some time in your sewing cave this weekend ... Til next time ...
 
BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad you got to have a play date but so sorry it was raining at Tamborine again!! I too remember the foggy,rainy, windy days at Tamborine..oh the memories, lol.
Speaking of which it surely is time to make some more of those soon, this year has gone by way too quickly, thinking of you,
Kiss Noises Linda moi

Susan In Texas said...

Sounds like fun, Kris. I'm still cleaning up my father-in-law's house... not fun - though we have made some interesting finds. Larry's Grandpa's 1st grade report card from 1909. lol Now that's a keeper. Not much sewing though.

Take care,
Susan in Texas (actually Louisiana)

Chookyblue...... said...

i'm sure you had fun helping Lynette fill the box.......hope the SSCS is nearly finished.........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...