Tuesday 26 February 2013

Counting Sleeps & A Peek!!

WOW!! Life sure does get hectic, doesn't it?! I feel like a bit like a guinea pig in one of those wheels ... running, running, but getting nowhere! :0) I've been madly sewing the last stitches in my projects for this coming weekend's "Girls Stitch In" hosted by Marion and Steph of the Quilters Angel ... just four sleeps! :0) My samples are all finished ... yes ... samples PLURAL!! I just HAD to take up Nikki Tervo's challenge to use ALL of the fabric I was given to play with to design a brand new project for the weekend's ladies. :0) And I think I've done pretty well ... from 1 3/4 metres of fabric (seven quarter metre lengths of different fabrics ... all GORGEOUS!!) I've produced a set of projects and this is all that's left of my fabric pile ...

I'm sure Nikki would be able to do something with these little bits, but I think I'll just keep them for future scrappy projects ... SMALL scrappy projects! Tee! Hee! Hee! 

And the best part is, I'll be able to show Nikki my small scrap pile in person, because she is an 11th hour replacement as the second designer for GSI after a disappointing cancellation. The disappointment is CERTAINLY outweighed by the chance to party and stitch with Nikki, though! :0) Hmmm ... two mad stitchers let loose amidst a group of stitching enthusiasts, threads and gorgeous fabrics ... Look out world! Tee! Hee! Hee! And I've had a peek at one of Nikki's designs and can I just say that the gals attending this weekend will be SPOILT FOR CHOICE! :0) I think between us, Nikki and I will keep these ladies busy stitching for the next month or two! :0) I know ... what a terrible tease I am for those of you who can't come and play in person with us. I'll make it up to you with another sneaky peeky of one of my smaller projects ...

... some chain stitch and a LOT of French knots to create a flower ... I had one of those "WHAT WAS I THINKING?!!" moments half way through the time-consuming task of stitching them, but I'm REALLY happy with the finished product ... which I promise to show pics of next week ... AFTER the weekend. :0)

For now, I'm off to play Polly and put the kettle on for a cup of tea, then put the finishing touches on instructions ... not my favourite task!! Hmm ... maybe a splash of something 'extra' in my tea to help fortify me will help! Or maybe that will just make the instructions a bit muddled and hard to follow! Tee! Hee! Hee! Hope you're all having a great week so far ... OPAMers ... don't forget to email Sweet Peg or me with your January and February finishes and update your sidebar lists. Happy stitching! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!
CHEERS!
KRIS


4 comments:

Maria said...

SEw looking forward to seeing what you have created with the yummy fabrics..
Would you believe I have just updated my side bar and posted my Jan /Feb finishes....
have a fun weekend.

Christine M said...

That flower is gorgeous Kris. I can't wait to see the whole project.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

I hope you have the best time at Stitch In this weekend Kris. I know you will be fabulous!!
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Mistea said...

Lucky ladies who get to play with you and Nikki.
Have a wonderful stitch in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...