Saturday 22 February 2014

Back To Stitching - YAY!

Well ... after a week of being kept out of my sewing cave due to residual rodent reek (EEEEEUUWWW!!) I was FINALLY able to get back in to play with my fabrics and quilting bits yesterday ... in a very small window of time between comings and goings! For my official 'day off' from work (I usually work four mornings a week) it sure was a busy day ... no rest for the wicked, don't they say? Boy ... I must have been SOOOOO wicked ... hope I enjoyed it! Tee! Hee! Hee!

I was called in to work for a time-sensitive report to be dictated, typed, edited and sent, along with a couple of 'need-to-be-done-before-Monday' tasks that couldn't be done on Thursday due to my boss being in Brisbane for meetings, I raced home and dived into my now-not-so-smelly sewing room, prepared and attached binding to my very WISPy WISP, before hitting the road again to catch up with the Quilting Angels at the home of the Fabulous Fiona. Aaaaahhhh!!! Time spent relaxing, chatting, drinking tea, being treated to yummy home-cooked morning tea and lunch, plus some stitching time really did the trick in recharging my batteries. Thanks for playing Hostess With The Mostest, Fiona! Somehow a visit to your place always helps me unwind. :0) A quick stop back at home for dinner with my Beloved Geek Boy, then it was off to The Quilters Angel for our fortnightly Friday Night Sit N Sew group. This is a fun bunch of gals and we always spend more time laughing than stitching ... although ... Nikki (Miss Brandygully herself!!) who dropped in to stitch with us, and yours truly did manage to get some Secret Squirrel Stitching done between bouts of hilarity. (Let's just say that potatoes are dangerous when headbutted! Tee! Hee! Hee!) So while it was all go, go, go, I had a lovely, productive day.

I can't yet show you any more of the Secret Squirrel projects, but I CAN show you some sneaky peekies of the WISPy WISP I'm back working on. It's a quilt that I love and designed ... hmmm ... one ... maybe two ... or longer!!!! ... years ago. The quilt top was finished, I had it professionally quilted and ... put it in the cupboard cos I got sidetracked by deadline-dependent projects! And there it stayed til recently when I mentioned it to Marion and hauled it out to show her. Needless to say, a few people have smacked my wrist for getting it so close to finishing and then NOT!! :0) So after the binding was attached yesterday, here's what I will be stitching this weekend ...

Yep ... more of one of my favourite French General ranges, "Rural Jardin". And you can probably guess that the stitcheries on the quilt all have a French theme ... like the Arc de Triumph in the photo ...


... and a sidewalk cafe. All stitcheries have been designed to look like polaroid camera snaps taken during a holiday in Paris ... and funnily enough (not really!!) The name of this quilt is "Holiday In Paris". :0) I've got the instructions partly written, but want to do something a little different with them, so they got put on hold until I had the time ... and attention span!! ... to come back to them and do them justice ... which apparently hadn't happened yet! Tee! Hee! Hee! I'll be dragging them out again soon to continue writing them ... as soon as the binding on the quilt is sewn down. That WILL be a red-letter day, won't it! :0) In the meantime ... what other 'French-inspired' features do you think I might have included in my quilt to make up nine 'holiday snaps'?? Can you guess?? We'll see! :0)

Okey doke ... I'm off to play Polly, pop on a DVD and get stitching on that binding, not to mention tackling the last little bit of hand stitching for my Secret Squirrel project ... stay tuned! :0) Hope you're having a fantastic start to your weekend ... overcast and cooler here today ... not only is it good stitching weather, I'm hoping it means we've got some rain on the way, cos we sure could use it!! Take care and happy stitching to you all! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous sneak peek Kris.xx

KimM said...

Wonderful, wonderful!!

Judy S. said...

I've got at least one bindingless quilt stashed away and need to follow your good example!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Glad you sent the rodents packing. Love your FG sneaky...gorgeous!

Fiona said...

I love that quilt ... Hugz

FloS said...

Hi Kris ! your new quilt looks wonderful !!
I can't explain where time has disappeared … I have a lot to read on your blog !!
HUgs
Florence

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...