Sunday 24 December 2017

The Best Christmas Gift!

Amidst the bustle & craziness that surrounds Christmas it can sometimes be easy to get caught up, uptight & stressed. I found a great reminder the other day that I thought I'd share with you. I don't know who adapted it so can't give credit, but it's actually an adaptation of one of my favourite verses. 

1 Corinthians 13
If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows, strands of twinkling lights & shiny balls, but do not show love to my family, I'm just another decorator. 
If I slave away in the kitchen, baking dozens of Christmas cookies, preparing gourmet meats & arranging a beautifully adorned table at meal times, but do not show love to my family, I'm just another cook. 
If I work at the soup kitchen, carol in the nursing home & give all that I have to charity, but do not show love to my family, it profits me nothing.
If I trim the spruce with shimmering angels & crochet snowflakes, attend a myriad of holiday parties & sing in the choir's cantata, but do not focus on those I love the most, I have missed the point.
... In other words ...
Love stops the cooking to hug a child.
Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the spouse.
Love is kind, though harried & tired.
Love doesn't envy another's home that has coordinated Christmas china & table linens.
Love doesn't yell at the kids to get out of the way, but is thankful they are there to be in the way.
Love doesn't give only to those who are able to give in return but rejoices in giving to those who can't.
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails.
Video games will break, pearl necklaces will be lost, golf clubs will rust.
But the gift of love will endure.

I wish you all a happy, safe & restful Christmas spent with the special people in your life. Til next time ...

CHRISTMAS BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS & GB




 

4 comments:

sunny said...

What a great post. Thanks for sharing!! Have a wonderful Christmas Day.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Beautiful ❤️Merry Christmas to you GB my gorgeous friend ❤️🎄🎅😍

Maria said...

Lovely 😊.. hope you had a great Christmas 🎄
Nice photo!

Susan said...

So true Kris.
All the very best for the rest of this year and I hope 2018 is blessed - for you and Geek Boy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...